This Family Plus First Aid Emergency First Aid CPR-C/AED ( OFA level 1 equivalent) course covers First Aid and CPR skills needed to recognize and respond to emergencies such as choking, heart attack, stroke and wounds to treat adults, children, and infants. This course will provide you with an overview of First Aid & CPR for the home or workplace.
Course length: 8 hours
Fee: $125.00 per person ( including a pocket mask )
- About the Red Cross
- Preparing to Respond – including Prevention of Disease Transmission
- The Emergency Medical Services System
- Check, Call, Care -including shock & recovery position
- Airway Emergencies -including Conscious & Unconscious choking
- Breathing and Circulation Emergencies including Allergies, Asthma, Hyperventilation, Heart attack, Stroke & Severe bleeding
- Respiratory and Cardiac Arrest-including CPR-C and AED for all age groups
- Wound Care – including various minor injuries, impaled object, amputation, penetrating chest injury & burns
Components: Online theory (self-study) – 4 hours, Classroom skills session ( in-person) – 5.5 hours
Participants must successfully complete the online self-study training before attending the classroom session. The online training doesn’t have to be completed in one session; you can stop any time and continue where you left off.
Participants will receive access to the online component from Canadian Red Cross by email within 3 days after registration.
Participants must complete the online component and email the completion card sent by Canadian Red Cross to Family Plus First Aid 3 days prior to in class date at the lastest before coming to the classroom for the skill component and written exam. The date you are registering for is your skill component date in the classroom.
If you want training to manage and respond to a wider variety of medical emergencies we recommend you consider taking our Standard First Aid & CPR-C/AED.