This Family Plus First Aid Standard First Aid & CPR-C/AED ( OFA level 1 equivalent ) course is a two-day Canadian Red Cross First Aid course covers the material and skills essential to saving lives from CPR and cardiac arrest to severe medical conditions such as head and spine injuries. This course will provide you with practical life saving first aid skills to meet work requirements as well as prepare you to manage and respond responsibly to various medical emergencies at home or in the workplace. Our courses meet Canadian federal and BC provincial regulations for Standard First Aid and CPR.
Course length: 16 hours
- About the Red Cross
- Preparing to Respond – including Prevention of Disease Transmission
- The Emergency Medical Services System
- Check, Call, Care – including shock & recovery position
- Airway Emergencies – including Conscious & Unconscious choking
- Breathing and Circulation Emergencies including Allergies, Asthma, Hyperventilation, Heart attack, Stroke & Severe bleeding
- Respiratory and Cardiac Arrest-including CPR-C and AED for all age groups
- Wound Care – including various minor injuries, impaled object, amputation, penetrating chest injury & burns
- Head and Spine Injuries
- Bone, Muscle, and Joint Injuries – including Strain, Sprain, Dislocation & Fracture
- Sudden Medical Emergencies – including Diabetes, Seizure, Fainting
- Environmental Emergencies – including Frostbite, Hypothermia, Heat stroke
- Poisons – including Lyme disease
Standard First Aid CPR-C/AED ( Blended)
Components: Online theory (self-study) – 8 hours, Classroom skills session (in-person) – 8 hours
Participants must successfully complete the online self-study training before attending the classroom session. The online training doesn’t have to be completed in one session; you can stop any time and continue where you left off.
Participants will receive access to the online component from Canadian Red Cross by email within 3 days after registration.
Participants must complete the online component and email the completion card sent by Canadian Red Cross to Family Plus First Aid 3 days prior to in class date at the latest before coming to the classroom for the skill component and written exam. The date you are registering for is your skill component date in the classroom.
Note: The Canadian Red Cross Standard First Aid Blended certification is currently NOT accepted by WorkSafe BC as equivalent to Level 1 First Aid.